Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hadley Challenge Spotlight- Betsy Ryan


Betsy writes. "I had seen Denyse’s quilt, “Snake Trails” when I had gone to one of the sales at her studio. I thought to myself that I would make it someday. When we received our fabric, I thought this would be a good time! I chose the blues and greens and added some solids in those colors. I then added some orange to give it a pop of color! I added minky for the backing and popped in a circle for a little added interest on the back. I decided to do very little quilting on this quilt because I thought it should be kept simple. The quilt measures 44x44 and will be a gift for a future baby. This was a fun challenge and I love seeing how different everyone else's is coming out."





There has been some discussion about this quilt on our guilds Facebook page. Some of our members decided that the snakes are using the circle in the back to get through to the front. Very imaginative!





No comments:

Post a Comment