Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hadley Challenge- Sharon Litvinoff

Our guild is very lucky to be located near so many fantastic designers in the quilt world. This summer we have teamed up with Denyse Schmidt, who has generously provided us fabric from her upcoming Hadley line for a challenge. We were given fat quarter bundles, and are furiously working away on our projects. The fabric will be released to the public later this summer, so its been fun to get a sneak peek. Our instructions from Denyse were to either make one of her patterns, or be inspired by one.

We are going to try to show each members progress, and inspiration. The first is by Sharon Litvinoff, who is doing a quilt based on Denyse's pattern Cog and Wheel. Sharon loves paper piecing, and looked for one that had a lighter feel, with more movement. Sharon said, "I thought the Hadley fabrics would work well with the whimsical pinwheel design."

The finished quilt will be about 46 inches square.


Here is a photo of the back. She is still deciding on how to quilt it, but thinking of an allover crosshatch.




3 comments:

  1. Hi, I realize this is an older post, but I really love the quilt pattern. I checked Denyse's website and this does not appear to be her Cog and Wheel pattern, so I'm hoping you can tell me which one it might be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy,
      Thanks for your comment. The pattern is called Turning Cartwheels by Lee Heinrich. It was a fun paper-pieced pattern and I loved using Denyse Schmidt's Hadley fabrics in it. The Cog and Wheel pattern was my inspiration. Have fun making it!
      Sharon

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure. I'll have to ask Sharon.

    ReplyDelete