Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hadley Challenge Spotlight- Kathy Reale





This summer I enjoyed reading "Quilting With A Modern Slant" by Rachel May and was inspired by Denise Schmidt's quilt called "Hope as the Anchor of the Soul (Mount Lebanon
Series #3). 


 I love its simplicity, texture, and colors. For my quilt, I changed the design quite a bit and used all the patterned Hadley fabrics to make the 'spin wheel' which was seamed and appliqued with raw edges.  I used Kona cotton color #91 Steel for my background.  The quilting in the round was a challenge and my circles are a bit wonky but it was fun to make. This is the 4th quilt I have ever made and the largest (87"x 97").  I can't wait to use it on my bed this winter!  Special thanks to Denise for the fabrics and inviting us to the challenge, my family for all their help along the way, and to the SCMQG for all your support!


Note: At our last meeting, Kathy named this quilt "Bedspins", which we all thought was great. I hope that is what she is calling it, as it seems fitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment