In July, I began mapping out a project for the Hadley Challenge. In early August , I started to doubt my timing and questioned whether I could finish on time. I returned to Denyse Schmidt's books for new inspiration. I decided to whip-up a doll-size "Postage Stamp" quilt . I wanted to be sure I had something to submit and I happen to like working small-scale.
It was fun making this spontaneous little quilt. It worked up quickly and I was happy with the finished product. So, I stuck with it and just kept going. I made four and sewed them together.
I added one light and dark solid fabric from the generous stack of Hadley fabrics. Using Denyse's bag method, I separated the fabric into lights and darks. This eliminated any tendency to obsess over color and placement. I promised myself I would not edit any of my pulls---no matter what!